Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Best Chocolate Ice Cream

I just had ice cream for breakfast.


And I don't even care because it was...wait for it...good for me!

Seriously, this ice cream has the richest chocolate flavor I've ever tasted and it's fat free. How is that even possible?

I was inspired by this easy vegan trick, but made my own edits. Now to me, this tastes nothing like bananas. But if you really hate the little suckers, then you might catch a hint of banana flavor.

I buy bananas every week and though I usually eat one for breakfast every morning, some weeks I just end up with leftover, brown bananas. I used to always make banana bread or some other baked treat but now I've started to peel, slice and freeze them for later uses. Really comes in handy.

Go make this and tell me that it doesn't taste delicious and totally not fat free.

Rich and Healthy Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe:
  • 1 frozen banana, pre-sliced
  • 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tbsp milk
  • 1 tbsp berry jam (this added a great flavor profile and sweetness, but you could just use sugar, honey or any other kind of jam or jelly)

Combine everything in a blender until smooth. Depending on the size of your banana, you might need to add a couple ice cubes. If it's too runny, pour into a shallow container and place in the freezer for an hour. Grab a spoon and dig in!

Obviously I could not wait to eat mine, which is why it's still kind of runny. So good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment