Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cake+Sandwich=Smiles

I received a Cake-wich pan for Christmas (among other wonderful cooking gadgets) and could not wait to use it. I love sandwiches. They're probably like my fifth most favorite thing in life. I also REALLY love cake. So this was the absolute perfect gift for me. And no one can resistant smiling at a giant sandwich-shaped cake.

Since it was right after the holidays and my pants were feeling a bit tighter than usual, I decided to bake a (relatively) healthy cake. Angel food cake+pistachio cool whip creme was the result. Even though it kind of looks like moldy white bread, I highly recommend it!

Recipe:
  • 1 pkg. Angel food cake mix. (Or from scratch, of course)
  • 1 pkg pistachio pudding
  • 1 tub whipped topping

Follow Angel food cake package instructions. Lightly grease your totally ingenious Cake-wich pan (or a regular one) and then pour batter evenly in pan. If you happen to be one of the other 10 people out there who own a Cake-wich pan, realize that you will have leftover batter. Do not attempt to pour it all on the very tip top of the pan. I did and well, there was about 2 feet of collapsing cake batter when I checked the oven after 15 minutes. Big mess.

While the cake is baking, mix the pistachio pudding with whipped topping VERY well. You want an even, smooth mixture with no grainy lumps. Set in fridge until cake is finished and cooled.

When cake is cooled, remove from pan and cut horizontally with a large serrated knife. Spread pistachio creme on the bottom layer and place the other "bread slice" on top. Marvel at the awesome-ness and then dig in!







No comments:

Post a Comment