Thursday, May 31, 2012

Stir-Fry Veggie Udon


This is one of the prettiest dishes I have ever eaten, if I do say so myself. 

I think spinach + purple cabbage= my new favorite culinary color combo.

It also tasted really, really, really good! I was very pleased, especially since I was just throwing something together quick to use all the fresh veggies in the fridge before I go out of town for the weekend. I would definitely recommend this meal.

Stir-Fry Veggie Udon Recipe:
  • 1/2 package Udon noodles (for 2 people)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
  • 1 carrot, diced
  • 4 Thai chiles (spicy!), diced
  • 1/4 head of purple cabbage, diced
  • 1/2 bunch of fresh spinach, torn
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp red chile paste
  • 1 tsp fish sauce
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
  • Black pepper
  • Sesame seeds and chiffoned fresh basil for garnish
Cook the Udon according to package instructions.

Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add the ginger, garlic, chiles and carrot. Cook for about 5- 10 minutes to soften. Add the purple cabbage, soy sauce, chile paste, fish sauce, pepper and vinegar. Cook until the purple cabbage becomes tender (another 5-10 minutes). Add the peanut butter and spinach. Be sure to incorporate the peanut butter well so as to not to have big lumps. Cook until the spinach has wilted. Add cooked Udon noodles. Garnish with sesame seed and basil. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment