Thursday, May 10, 2012

Blueberry Lemon Muffins

It's funny how our taste buds change as we age... 



For some very strange reason, I used to hate blueberry muffins. I think it was the fact that the smell reminded me of having to wake up early for church or school growing up. Or maybe it was my association with the packaged versions that always had a hint of plastic. Whatever reason, I usually avoided the things.

The other day, we bought a package of dried blueberries. After having a couple, I instantly wanted to make blueberry muffins. So with my craving still lingering a few days later, I decided to do just that...with lemon added as well.

Huzzah! My hate for blueberry muffins has ceased. These are fabulous!

Blueberry Lemon Muffin Recipe: 
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 lemon, zested (juice reserved)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup oil (or other fat source)
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or 1 egg)
  • 1/2 cup dried blueberries
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and lemon zest. Give it a stir. In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, sugar, milk, oil and vinegar. Stir it up until smooth and blended. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine until moistened. Fold in the dried blueberries. Spoon into greased muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes. This recipe can make 12 muffins, but I made 9 bigger ones instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment