Monday, May 14, 2012

Guacamole Extraordinaire!

Oh guacamole, how I love thee...

...which is an interesting statement because I used to hate thee. And I actually don't really like avocado that much by itself. But add some lime juice and salt and BAM. You. are. awesome. I'm pretty sure everyone knows how to make some version of guacamole, but this is my tried and true.

     
Look at my peace sign serrano pepper!

Guacamole Recipe:
  • 2 Hass avocados (I used one small and one large)
  • 1 1/2 lime, juiced
  • 1 small Roma tomato, diced
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 serrano pepper, diced (if you like it spicy!)
  • 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1/4 tsp cumin (I don't like too much in my guac)
  • Liberal amounts of salt and black pepper
Cut your avocados in half and scoop the meat into a bowl. Reserve one of the pits to use later. To prevent the avocado from browning, add the lime juice next. Then add the rest of your ingredients and mash it all up. Place the pit in the center of the guacamole and keep in fridge until ready to serve. The pit also helps to prevent the guac from browning (I don't know why...someone just told me that). Plus, it looks cool!




Serve and consume with delicious tortilla chips. I found these blue corn ones at the store yesterday that are made with flax and sesame seeds and they are da bomb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment