Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Pasta Experiment Gone Wrong



I ventured over to the clearance section of the grocery store the other day and saw packages of King Soba Sweet Potato and Buckwheat Noodles for 50 cents. I love sweet potatoes, so thought they would be a delicious and unique alternative to the usual pasta.

Unfortunately upon tasting, I soon realized they are not very good. Maybe it was because they were almost expired (hence the clearance) or maybe it was because they only contained 5% sweet potato (as I discovered on the label after I purchased). I guess I'm just not a fan of buckwheat. My boyfriend, who I thought would HATE them, actually really enjoyed it.

Go figure.

Anyway, the badass honey-mustard-curry chicken I made to go along with the pasta made up for the weird noodles. In the future, I would recommend eating it with a whole wheat noodle or maybe spaghetti squash.

Sweet Curry Chicken and Noodles Recipe:
  • 1-2 skinless chicken breast
  • 1 tbsp oil (I used a hot pepper oil, but any would work)
  • 1/4 cup mustard
  • 3 tbsp honey
  • 1 tbsp curry powder (yes, just the generic stuff)
  • 1 tbsp applesauce
  • 2 tsp paprika
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
  • dash of salt, black pepper and Sriracha
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Rinse and pat dry the chicken; lay in baking dish. Combine the other ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well blended. Adjust according to preference (more honey for sweeter, more Sriracha for spicy, etc.) Pour over chicken, cover with foil and bake for about 40 minutes. Serve with gross buckwheat noodles and assorted veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment