Monday, April 16, 2012

Cookies & Cream Cake



Do you like cake? Do you like Oreo cookies?

Of course you do. And even if you don't, you will love them combined in this easy cake. Especially if you bake it in a cute giant cupcake pan like I did. 

I made this cake for a friend's birthday and will definitely keep the recipe in the back of my mind (or on my blog!) I was originally going to try and make an "Oreo" cake and use Devil's food cake + cream cheese frosting and Oreo bits. I then realized that I, like many others, don't reeeeally love chocolate cake that much. I don't know why; I LOVE chocolate, but sometimes I think it is better accentuated when paired with a different flavor. So anyway, I decided to go with a "Cookies & Cream" cake and use white cake + cream cheese frosting and Oreo bits. I definitely think it highlights the cookie flavor and makes it more creamy. 

I will probably still try the other version some day, when I'm really craving chocolate cake. 

Cookies & Cream Cake Recipe:
  • 1 pkg white cake mix (or your own recipe)
  • 3 large egg whites (this gives the cake a fluffier texture)
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 1 1/3 cup water
  • 1 1/2 cup crushed Oreo cookies

  • 1 8oz pkg cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tub whipped dessert topping
  • 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degree. Grease a giant cupcake pan (or whatever baking apparatus). Combine the first set of ingredients minus the cookies in a large bowl. Blend until smooth. Then carefully fold in the cookies. Pour evenly into the pan and bake for 30 minutes (adjust baking time depending on pan). When finished, let cake cool for about 10 minutes in pan, then carefully run a knife around the edges and remove. Let cool completely on a clean, dry surface.

To create the frosting, first bring the cream cheese and whipped topping to room temp. When ready, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until light and smooth. Gently fold in the whipped topping.

I won't go into frosting detail for the giant cupcake cake, but it required some intense trimming and assembling. Basically, once your cake is cool, frost and add the crushed cookies on top. 


Congratulations, you've just made the best.cake.ever.

I love the cat present in the background :)

No comments:

Post a Comment