Saturday, April 28, 2012

Chocolate Chip Blondies

These are not your average blondie bars.




They have a secret ingredient. One that I love to use in many recipes, both savory and sweet...

Garbanzo beans! Muahaha. It's my way of cheating and making delicious things healthier. I mean seriously, garbanzo beans have lots of fiber and protein so you SHOULD eat this entire recipe. Right?



Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe:
  • 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter (or butter, applesauce, margarine, etc. Any "fat source")
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Blend everything except for the chocolate chips in a food processor until smooth. I actually only have a blender, and let me tell you, it took forever to get this batter smooth. I ended up baking it with a few lumps anyway so I definitely recommend a food processor. Once smooth, add chocolate chips, mix well, and poor into a greased 8x8 pan. Bake for about 40 minutes or longer, until the inside is not longer mushy. Let cool in pan at least 20 minutes before cutting.

I promise, no one will be able to tell there are beans in these. It's like eating delicious, sweet, chocolate chip cookie bars. And if you don't bake them quite as long, they're still warm and gooey inside like cookie dough. Mmmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment