Monday, March 12, 2012

Green Breakfast Smoothie


Mmm, nothing like a cold glass of green stuff to get the day started.

I'm actually not one of those people that judge foods by their natural color. I love green stuff. Artificial coloring, on the other hand, is different. No green or purple ketchup please. That's weird.

Juice fasting is the all the rage these days, and green juices are especially good for you. I usually need something a little more dense to keep me full in the morning though. This green smoothie is perfect.

Green Smoothie Recipe:
  • 1 pre-sliced frozen banana
  • handful fresh spinach, rinsed well or 1/4 cup frozen spinach
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 3 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • more ice as needed (to make smoothie thicker)

Blend everything together and enjoy! It didn't occur to me until after I already started drinking it that some fresh grated ginger would be a fantastic addition too. I'll add it next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment